Is Your Small Business Still Not Online?
No matter what the size or the point of your business, you need to take advantage of every opportunity you have to get your name out there. This means you need to think about everything you are doing in order to advertise yourself. In order to be able to get your message out about yourself, you need to look at what you are using. One of the most underutilized options that is out there for small business is the internet. Whether you are simply going to use it to let people know who you are, what you offer or provide a name and address, you need to be using it.
However you do not need to put yourself online, and that is up to you. But you need to realize that the drawbacks of staying local will hurt your company much more than enhance it.
Cons of Not Taking Your Company Online
No matter how old school you are if you are in business for yourself you need to realize that there is a lot more to be gained from being online than from not. Consider what would happen if you were to stay as you are.
- All of your competitors will pass you. Even if you have a loyal customer base eventually you will no longer be able to compete because even they will feel the pressure to go to the bigger and better provider.
- Huge potential loss. There is a lot more income to be had out there if you are able to reach more customers. Is that not the goal to create as large of a customer base and need that you have to grow and expand? You will be improving your value and company size along the way, with little cost to start.
- Eventual loss of company. If you do not get online, you will eventiually lose all of your business that can do what you can cheaper and easier without needing to lift a finger, because they are online.
No matter what you are doing, you need to realize that in order to continue to grow you will need to get online.
The Pros of Being Online
When your business is established online, you will find there are a number of windows that can be opened to you that you did not know existed. Think about all of the people that you will be able to reach simply by increasing your exposure in the vast space of the Internet. Here are some of the major reasons you will want to be online with your small business.
- Unlimited exposure. By putting yourself online, you will be able to reach a great deal more potential clients than you would have by traditional advertising methods.
- More channels to conduct business. By going online with your company, you will open up the ability to not only reach more customers, but you can sell right on the web to these customers. You will be able to make sales and provide services not only in your community but all over the world depending on what you have to offer.
- You can enhance your image. If more people know who you are and where you are the more they will talk about you. No matter what they are saying you are getting free advertising. You will be able to tap this untouched potential by doing very little except creating a popular website.