Do follow web directories are a great way to get your website indexed quickly and gain page rank over time. Both free and paid directory sites exist, with a variety of different listing choices available for specific needs. The following sites have all been around for quite awhile and carry enough page rank to offer you links that mean something.
1. http://www.dmoz.org/ – The Open Directory Project has what is easily the largest and most accessible directory listing site out there. This site has a strong web presence with a high page rank, and listing your site here is completely free.
You can find out more about submitting to the ODP here: http://www.dmoz.org/add.html
2. http://dir.yahoo.com/ – The Yahoo Directory is one of the longest running and most successful directory listing sites on the Internet. Yahoo’s directory has a page rank of 10, making it ideal for keeping your site listed in search engines. Listing your site with Yahoo costs $299.
Get started with Yahoo’s submission process here: https://ecom.yahoo.com/dir/submit/intro/
3. http://www.prolinkdirectory.com/ – Pro Link Directory offers do follow links from a PR 5 site with a pricing structure that ranges from free for a basic link to $59 for a lifetime featured link. Pro Link Directory uses human editors to check each listing and has a reasonable set of submission guidelines.
Find out how to get listed with Pro Link Directory here: http://www.prolinkdirectory.com/submit.php
4. http://www.avivadirectory.com/ – Aviva Directory is a fast loading high PR web directory with easy to meet submission guidelines and a respectable amount of web traffic. Aviva’s listings cost either $49 per year or $149 for a lifetime listing. Unlike many other directories, Aviva will list internal site pages.
Get listed with Aviva Directory here: http://www.avivadirectory.com/submit.php
5.Clickey is a PR 5 site that functions as a search engine for top level domains. The site uses do follow links for every listing, and listing your page with Clickey is completely free with a simple registration process.
6. http://botw.org/ – Best of the Web is one of the strongest paid directories available. The site has been around since 1994, and all listings are human edited. Best of the Web is one of the more expensive directory listing options out there, with a yearly fee of $149 or a lifetime fee of $399 for each listing.
Start the submission process here: http://botw.org/helpcenter/submitcommercial.aspx
7. http://www.goguides.org/ – Go Guides is a straightforward web search site that offers directory listings for a one time fee of $69.95. Submissions are processed within one day, and Go Guides makes a point of adding your listing to the site map to make sure the link is indexed quickly.
Submit your site to Go Guides here: http://www.goguides.org/addurl.html
About the Author: This article is written by Peter Brown, an SEO blogger and Professional writer currently living in Colorado. Peter enjoys reading and writing, he has also written for some top ten list sites that includes Toptensbest.
As we talked about in our last blog post tips-for-seo-success-part-1-on-page-content the good news about Search Engine Optimization is that the fundamentals haven't changed all that much over the past year...your primary goal is still to…Continue Reading »
The good news about Search Engine Optimization is that the fundamentals haven't changed all that much over the past year...your primary goal is still to incorporate words and phrases that people are using to find…Continue Reading »
While you may not be able to put in your 2 cents towards an offline conversation, you can do your best to manage online content and conversations pertaining to your brand. As an e-commerce retailer,…Continue Reading »